Blogroll

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Saeta, and our house

Today I got a large chunk of work done on my project setting Saeta for Howard Haigh. Hertfordshire Chorus are performing it next April, so I need to complete the vocal score by the end of the year to give them time to print it for the first choral rehearsal. I've now almost completed first drafts of three of the five movements, but there is still a lot of work to do on layout and proofing.

We're also trying to finish off some long-running projects on our house. Next week we're having an oak floor fitted in our dining room and also getting some dining furniture delivered that those nice people at Multiyork have been looking after for us for most of the summer. The shower in our loft conversion is on its last legs, so we're simultaneously trying to get the shower room gutted and refitted before the end of November.

I've also got a cellar-full of spring bulbs to plant which I don't intend to leave this year. Maybe next week... ho hum.

0 comments: